Bless The Broken Road
By Rascal Flatts
BestAudioCodes.com

Our daughter in China

Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm trying really hard to keep up with my blog. I know all of my adopting friends read it, because they leave comments. But- I don't think any of my family and friends at home do. They never say anything about it, or ever leave a comment. The annonymos poster you always see is my husband. You can usually tell because he is complimenting himself all the time! LOL
I know everyone is bothered about this wait, but what really bothers me is this "pregnancy" doesn't mean anything to anybody. When your pregnant, people are asking how are you feeling, do you have a name picked out, are you going to find out the sex, how are you doing the nursery, etc. etc. People very rarely say anything except why does it take so long? The one question I can't answer! Sometimes I wonder if people think I am making all of this up. But- Just like anyone who is pregnant I love to talk about my baby!! I even had someone say if they have there baby first they are going to use my name I have picked out! How unfair is that? If my belly was round, they wouldn't do that. Hmmmm- I really don't know what to think, but it's frustrating.
I joined another secret pal swap since the one I'm in currently ends in Oct. (we thought we would have referals by then) I am also in a hair bow swap- I'm not into "bows" per say but other hair stuff. The barrettes I got were adorable. Andy thinks these things are silly. But- they make the time pass, and these are the only people that seem to believe Addy is really coming home someday.
My friend Marys husband is in China getting their daughter Vivian right now. I watched some video on their blog. She is so adorable. I actually watched the videos like 3 times.
There are some rumors that the wait is going to stabilize, and some that they will get to 24 months! Ugh! Guess we will have to wait and see.

4 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Tina,
When I firsted swapping (SP, Quilt) my dh couldn't understand why it was so important to get involved in these swaps. I explained that I was "nesting", that even though I may not show the physical symptoms, emotionally that is where I am in my paper pregnancy. I realized later that when the wait first started that the baby wasn't real to him yet. He now looks forward to the gifts and even helps pick them out. The turning point: we attended a FCC Waiting Parents Meeting. When he saw all the beautiful children there it clicked, the whole adoption became real to him. My family is supportive and his well outside of his sister, it hasn't clicked. I think no one asks about it because they just don't know what to ask or what to say. That is why I am so lucky to have the support of all of my adoptive friends, each and everyone of them (including yourself) has helped tremendously. I started out posting on the blog as a way to keep family and friends informed now I post to create memories that I will one day share with our little one:)

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kadisak family.
Just wantd to say I love you all, and I am hoping and praying for you everyday! I cannot wait to meet your new little one! I will be waiting there at the airport when you get back:)
Love, Kelly

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Tina, Andy and Ivy, Grandma Ces reads your Addy blog, although sometimes late. I have trouble keeping up with the lingo, but I am anxious for a little one to share with you all. Things will happen in due time, and I know it is hard to wait for all of us. Love, Grandma Ces

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Dawn S. said...

I agree with you that paper pregnancy is lonely. That people don't get it. My niece is pregnant & she said, "Can you believe I have another THREE months?" I said, "I don't know - can you believe I have another NINE months?"

Really, I don't view it as though I have been pregnant since my LID, I view it that I have been pregnant since we made the declaration to adopt. Finding out that you are pregnant or paper pregnant should be the same, no?

I don't think people are reading my blog either. I had to decide that since I was ultimately doing it for Olivia (I print them all out and put them in a 3-ring binder for her someday) then it was ok, but I do wish more people (and family and friends) were reading it!

So, if you want to check it out, here it is: www.thesheltonfamily.blogspot.com


Take care! We are right there with ya!

Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home