Bless The Broken Road
By Rascal Flatts
BestAudioCodes.com

Our daughter in China

Friday, March 03, 2006

Hurry up and wait!

Today I decided to start a blog seems like a very common thing to do when adopting. It makes a lot of sense, considering the long wait. I would not have anything to do otherwise. Just kidding! But it gives something to do related to the adoption. We are adopting fromChina! I am so excited about it, I really cannot help but talk about it all the time. We have such a long ways to go, and I think some people may already be tired of hearing about it. BUT- they would never admit it, they love me too much to do that! We started this process in September of 2005, we sent our application to CCAI. We were approved quickly thereafter. Then they sent us our dossier guide. Oh my! Did that look like a lot of work. I was really overwhelmed at first.CCAI said it should take about 3-5 months to complete and it took us 5! Our dossier is now at CCAI in translation. We received an e-mail this past Tues.( 2/28/06) that it passed critical review, would spend a week or less in translation, then be sent to China. Oh- I feel everything takes so long. When it is sent to China that will be our DTC date. (dossier to China) Hoping to get that date real soon.We will use this blog to keep everyone updated on everything . Even when we go to China we be able to post pictures and messages. One of the best parts everyone can leave us messages too! We have a long time until referral- until then I will tell everyone about the process, progress made on the nursery, you can listen to me whine about the wait, and anything else I feel like talking about.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
You all know how much I love you. You guys are family to me. The new addition will be my family too. All my love and prayers are with you.
Love, Kelly

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you guys,
this is a great idea!! I know how excited you are and what a wonderful way to share it with everyone!

You are both exceptional parents and Ivy is going to make a great big sister. I cannot wait for your new little arrival.

Love Jeanine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home